Dead Skin Cell and Waste Removal Skincare Tips for Dry Season
- Font Size
- Font Size Down Font Size Up
[by Hwang Yeon Do] Bone chilling cold weather has passed, and the breezy spring wind has finally upon us. However, the spring season comes with unwanted fine dust and yellow dust that makes our skin very sensitive.
During the changing season, many people complain about ashy dead skin cells that ruin the makeup no matter how much effort you put in the base makeup. A deep temperature and humidity change, strong UV rays are added to irritate the skin, so more mindful skin care is needed.
We introduce the know-how of the seasonal care which can smoothly remove the dead skin cells and wastes which are huge skin obstacles of the spring.
# Thorough Cleansing is a Must!
During the spring season, yellow dust, fine dust and other particles penetrate deep into the skin, so it cannot be removed completely by simple cleansing. It should be cleansed more thoroughly than usual to eliminate external contaminants and prevent various skin troubles.
There are a variety of cleansing methods, but it is best to choose a cleansing method that is appropriate for your skin type. In case of dry skin, it is recommended to wash with a low-irritating product as if you are rolling your hands smoothly. In case of oily skin, it is better to double cleanse using cleansing water and foam cleansing.
Morning cleansing is also important. Let's lightly use a mild cleansing product that is not irritating to wash away the wastes accumulated overnight. After cleansing, you should be able to prevent cakey makeup by softening the texture of the skin using a cotton pad with toner during the base stage.
#Dead Skin Cells Care
What is the reason for excessive dead skin cells during the in-between seasons? The dead skin cells protected our skin during the cold and dry winter season. But as it becomes useless as the weather gets warmer, it detaches and fall out from our skin. During this time, the dead skin cells that wasn’t removed properly clumps together and becomes fairly noticeable.
In recent years, peeling agents that exerts a chemical actions rather than a physical irritation as a product for skin exfoliation have been preferred. Chemical peelers with AHA and BHA ingredients have become the mainstream exfoliation product. AHA is a water-soluble component that dissolves in water, so it is mild on skin and has hydrating effect as well. BHA is an oil-soluble fat-soluble oil, and can be used for skin surface preparation and blackhead removal.
If you are using chemical peelers for the first time, you may want to start with products with low AHA and BHA content and gradually increase the strength.
It is difficult to maintain smooth skin during the in-between season when the temperature and the humidity change greatly and the yellow dust or fine dust condition is severe. In addition, the skin becomes prone to troubles and blemishes since the moisture of the skin evaporates rapidly so it becomes easy to get dehydrated and the water/oil balance collapsed.
Once you took care of the dead skin cells, the post moisture care is also very important. Since it is easy for the skin to feel dry, make sure to allow your skin to absorb the moisturizer and nutrition cream to prevent your skin from cracking and wrinkles. Since the skin around the eye and mouth area is thin and fragile, make sure to provide special care.
1. Innisfree ‘Green Barley Daily Peeling Essence' is a product made of three natural AHA ingredients that uses the fermented green barley to provide exfoliation effect and complete soft and smooth skin. It is a daily cosmetics that gently removes dead skin cells and wastes every day and the low-irritating formula delivers soft and refreshing feeling.
2. CNP 'Hydro Dual Cleansing Set' provide 2 step cleansing with the 1st cleanser that is exclusive made for waterproof makeup, and 2nd acidic cleansing foam that strengthens the skin. It is a hypoallergenic cosmetic product that can be used for both dry and oily skin.
3. NeoZen ‘Bio-Peel Gauze Peeling Wine’ is a product that combines the chemical peeling action of wine serums and the physical peeling action of pure cotton gauze to remove old dead skin cells and wastes. It will take care of your dry and dull skin.
4. Fresh 'Sugar Face Polish' is an exfoliating scrub containing Brown Sugar and Strawberry Seed Oil. It provides moisturizing effect at the same time as removing the dead skin cells to make your skin soft and smooth.
5. Biotherm 'Aquasource Everplump’ is a new type of Moisturizing Cream that provides a dense gel formula to fill your skin tightly with a moistened blue hyaluronide droplet. It is a cream that can care for fine wrinkles, skin texture, and dead skin cells caused by dryness. (photo by bntnews DB, Innisfree, CNP, NeoZen, Fresh, Biotherm)